Wednesday, May 8, 2019

New blog, who dis?


Weirdly, for me, this blog post is going to primarily consist of pictures!

It's been a minute since my last post, and I've been working (like, real job working) a whole lot, so hobby stuff has been just bits and pieces here and there.

First up, Warhammer Underworlds:

Some cool 3D printed terrain for the "blocked spaces" on the gaming boards that I painted up. 

My son's warbands! I did the basing on them for him (at his request) so that everything matches, but otherwise he painted these himself! Super proud.

Garrek, before I did the blood on the severed head and painted his base. I really wanted to focus on the skintones for these guys as their focal point, so everything else was just done to a level of "serviceable" for my standards.

Pic 1 of the completely finished Garrek's Reavers warband.

Pic 2 of the completely finished Garrek's Reavers warband.

In-game shot of our first fully painted game! I think the boy is just now starting to figure out that I'm a goofball, swing-for-the-fences style of player, so I'm always going to try for the high-value, high-risk objectives typically requiring all of my own guys to die in a blaze of glory. If I end up winning this way (like I did for this particular game) it's a huge swing at the very end, going from 2-3 glory points to 8+ in a single card. 

I've also been working on my Guild Ball Miners, and actually got in my first learning game with my good buddy Wargamer Ramblings against his Morticians. I have to confess, even just from the one game, I really like the structure of this game. I definitely want to play more soon.

The movement shenanigans of the Miners, I'll admit, is a pretty interesting thought puzzle for maneuvering across the pitch. We only played to one goal (because I'm slooooow while I learn, I'll admit) which ended up being the mighty Fissure (aka the tank) driving the ball up and dropping it into the goal from point-blank range. 
Shaft, pre-powdah

Shaft, pre-powdah
Shaft, post-powdah

Shaft, post-powdah
Mule, in progress

Mule, almost finished...

Mule, finished and running away!
Junkrat (I'm calling him that because c'mon, that's who he is), pre-powdah

Junkrat (okay, okay, it's Fuse) post-powdah

Junkrat's dirty backside

Fissure, in progress (still need to finish her up)

Spade, in progress (in the final stages)

So all said, I have probably 1-2 more nights to finish out the Miners, and then it will be on to the Word Bearers (finally) in preparation for NoVa!

2 comments: